Southminster Child Care Center is looking for substitute teachers to join the Southminster Family. If you love working with children, developing relationships with Nashville families and you are looking for more than just a regular job this could be the place for you. Our teachers do more than just educate, they encourage our children to be life-long learners and caring individuals for themselves and others.
The Southminster family is a strong network of teachers and parents working together to care for our children. For 35 years, Southminster has provided a safe and loving environment for children to learn and grow. From our littlest students in the infant room to our Pre-K students we work to prepare them for success in all of their future adventures.
Job Description: Performs duties of a teacher or teacher assistant to provide continuity of day-to-day responsibilities with students during the absence of the regular teacher or teacher assistant.
Note: Substitute employees are employed on an as needed, on-call, day-to-day basis and are not guaranteed work on a regular basis. There are no benefits associated with substitute employment
- Provides instruction, as needed, according to plans as prepared by the regular classroom teacher and manages. Or helps to manage as the case may require, classroom behavior and environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate supervisor or administrator
- Uses appropriate judgment to act in the best interests of students at all times
- Maintains a classroom environment which promotes active learning
- Maintains daily classroom routine, including distributing and collecting supplies, keeping attendance records, setting up meals, etc.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings
- Adheres to Southminster Child Care policies and procedures
- Uses appropriate judgment to act in the best interest of students at all times
- Works with students to help reinforce learning objectives
- Previous child care experience is a plus, a LOVE for children is a requirement
- High energy to match our high energy children
- Ability to partner with teachers and parents to provide the best education
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs., sit on the floor for interaction with children, be active on the playground, and be outside in hot and cold temperatures, we LOVE to be outside
- Dependability is a must; our children need you
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification a plus
- High School diploma required or GED
- Early Childhood Education college credits preferred
- Must provide past employment and personal references and clear full background check
- At least one year of experience working in a child care setting